Skip to main content

Doors

I have always found doors to be very intriguing.  They are objects that can seem so plain and boring and necessary, but once you really start paying attention to them, there are some really quite interesting doors.

For example, I started looking on Pinterest and the images of different door designs that continuously pop up in my newsfeed are fascinating. In my eyes they quickly turn from just another boring object to something that can be turned into a work of art.

During travel to other cities and states, I especially like to pay close attention to the different masterpieces that lead into someone's home or workplace.

I also love what doors resemble. They are the entry way into everything in life. Into someone's whole world that you may  have never known about before. They hold memories behind them and open up for future opportunities.

I think by paying attention to the little details it relates directly to the notion in life of it being the little things in life that really do matter.

Realizing the power in the little things in life and that those instances really make life special is an amazing realization. The special people in my life and the actions they take on a daily basis from that simple goodmorning text to a call making sure everything in life is going alright is something I have started to pay much more attention to and be much more grateful for. Life can change so quickly, in the blink of an eye, making it so important to me to slow down and remember how blessed I really am.

"When one door closes another door opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -Alexander Graham Bell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mirror Incident A.K.A. No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

A few years ago my parents decided to get rid of their old dresser with a big mirror attached to it. They were just going to take it to the dump but I had a better idea. I suggested that we post it on Facebook to see if anyone would be interested in it and could have it for free as long as they picked it up. Somebody was interested in the dresser but long story short my dad and I would be delivering it. As the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished. We got the dresser loaded into the back of my dad's truck but because the mirror wouldn't come off (yet), it was not the sturdiest. I thought about sitting in the bed of the truck with it but we decided we would just drive realllly slow. The start of our long trek from the middle of town to the west end was going great until we got 4 blocks from home and turned onto Poly. As we took the turn the unthinkable happened. The mirror cracked off the dresser and shattered in the middle of Poly during 5 o' clock traffic! 😭 My dad

That Time I Blew Up My Mug⛾

I absolutely love mugs. Especially mugs with punny sayings on them. So that goes to say when I blew up my mug it was most definitely on accident . I am not a morning person...at all. I want to be so badly, but I'm not. 😴 A couple of months back as I was getting ready to leave in the morning I decided to try and heat up some water in the microwave instead of the Keurig. I chose a mug like I always do, filled it with water, stuck it in the microwave and pressed start. All of sudden I see flashes coming from the microwave window, so I panic press stop and my adrenaline has now woken me up with no doubt! I look and yep...I had put in a mug with a metal rim on the top. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ My cute, sparkly mug was now a burnt to a crisp, yet still slightly sparkly mug. See what happens when I'm too tired and before I drink my morning coffee?? 😂😂 Note to self: stick to the Keurig from now on, in the mornings at least!

Hellooo 2018 (Ready or Not)

As 2018 approaches I don't recall ever being quite as optimistic and looking forward to 365 fresh pages to write my story on, as I do right now. (Plus, 8 is my favorite number so that has to be some sort of sign🤔) 2017 was an equally tough as well as amazing year. Here are a few of my favorite positive things last year brought: A lot of the first part of the year was spent turning life around and straightening out the stubborn curves that seemed to get set in their ways. I feel more on the path that I'm meant to be on than ever before. Great opportunities bloomed in my personal as well as professional relationships. Having an amazing, supportive boyfriend is such a blessing that I make sure not to take for granted every day. Knowing who my true friends are by who sticks around through the good and bad sides of life and who always go out of their way to put a smile on my face. As far as professionally, by joining volunteer groups I have greatly expanded my connections by ne